Tuesday, April 19, 2011

~Tasty Tuesday~

Easter.  It is so late this year which should have given me more time to plan but...I am behind.  I do know our "plans" at least so that helps with the mental preparation.  Bferg & I have decided to start a new family tradition of Easter Brunch.  I personally LOVE brunch.  I love eating hours after waking & any excuse to have mid-day coffee will bring me to the table.

This recipe is compliments of Brett's late Grandma.  Grandma Schell was a master in the kitchen.  Flavorful meals, warm conversations & love always flowed from her table.

Sausage Strata
2lbs. Pork Sausage
1/4 Cup each of chopped Red & Green Peppers
2tsp. Yellow Mustard
12 Slices White Bread
1lb. Shredded Swiss Cheese
6 Eggs
4 Cups Milk
1tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1/8tsp. Black Pepper
1/8tsp. Ground Nutmeg
1/8tsp. Salt

Grease 9x13 pan.  
Saute' sausage & peppers.  Stir in mustard.
Arrange the bread in the bottom of the pan, top with the sausage/pepper mixture & cheese.  Beat eggs & mix together milk, w-sauce, pepper, nutmeg & salt.  Pour over bread & sausage.  Refrigerate over night.  
Bake at 350* for 40-50 minutes.
 
Happy Easter!  Isn't a blessing to know that our Lord is alive!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment