Tuesday, December 20, 2011

~Tasty Tuesday~

Mini Cheesecakes
I stumbled upon this recipe about 5 years ago.  I made them for co-workers...ate all the leftovers & marveled that I had gone 26+ years without ever tasting the deliciousness before.  Fast forward to November 2011 where one of the said co-workers posts on my FB wall was I the one that made those "amazing little cheesecakes"?  Why, yes...yes I was.  And I had forgotten ALL about them!  So when I offered to host the dessert portion of our small group Christmas party I knew exactly what little recipe needed to dusted off & quite simply devoured.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup (1/2 Stick) Butter or Margarine, Melted
3 (8oz.) Packages Cream Cheese, softened
1 (14oz.) Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
3 Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract

Preheat oven to 300*  Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar & butter.  press equal portions onto bottoms of 24 lightly greased foil muffin cups.  (I just use the foil, remove the paper liner.)
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.  (Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature.)  Gradually beat in the sweetened condensed milk until smooth.  Add eggs & vanilla; mix well.  Spoon equal amounts into prepared muffin cups (about 3 Tbs per cup).  
Bake 20 minutes or until cakes spring back when lightly touched.  Cool completely at room temperature. Garnish as desired & refrigerate before serving.

Topping Ideas: Turtle, Peppermint/Chocolate, Strawberries, Sprinkles, Oreo Crumbles, Whipped Cream...the options are endless!



Enjoy!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment