Tuesday, April 17, 2012

{Tasty} Tuesday

This post almost got written last night but a trip to the gym, late dinner & bathtime made me too tired.  I was going to title it, "My Garden Monday" or maybe "Marvelous Monday" either way it was going to be great.  
We had our first harvest last night.


Three of the juiciest, sweetest, cute lil' strawberries.  It was supposed to be just two but when Lily is left alone with pruning shears she takes matters into her own hands.  Literally.
We divided our bounty between the four of us & enjoyed the fruit of our labor.  
It may be the memory of the 800lbs of dirt that was brought in the Saturday we built or garden, or the countless trips to the empty lot next to us where I hucked the sod over the fence...either way they were some of the best tasting strawberries I had ever tasted.
We might just have green thumbs afterall!  

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment