Wednesday, April 18, 2012

When I Think

When I think about the Lord
How He saved me, How He raised me
How He filled me with the Holy Ghost
How He healed me to the uttermost
When I think about the Lord
How He picked me up, turned me around
How He set my feet on solid ground

It makes me want to SHOUT
Hallelujah!  Thank you Jesus!
Lord, your worthy
of all the glory, and all the honor
And all the praise!

Shane Barnard Lyrics

This was the first song that I heard last night after listening to a sweet sister in Christ tell her testimony.  A testimony of God's work in her life that took her from a deep, dark, ugly place to one of redemption, hope & praise to the ONE who saved her.
I was brought to tears as she shared & then brought to tears once again on my drive home.  I don't have a dynamic testimony.  I was raised in a Christian home, committed my life to Christ at the age of six & because of my Type A/OCD personality always been a rule follower...however...God sees us either for Him or against Him.  No matter what our past is, all of our "sin" is viewed the same to God.  
The truth is that when we are apart from Christ we are all in a deep, dark, ugly place.  Jesus is the only way to bring us out of that place.  Us placing our trust, faith & hope in Him is redemption.  I do have a dynamic testimony because I was not in fellowship with the One true God who can give me eternal life.  Every conversion story is a miracle!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment