Friday, May 18, 2012

An Afternoon With Cinderella


Cinderella, the cow.  Not Cinderella the princess.

We recently spent an afternoon at Farmer John & Miss Tammy's farm.  (My sis-in-law's parents.)  They had a mommy cow who lost her baby & a baby cow who lost his mommy.  Through the magic of hairspray & farmer knowledge they were able to bond the two so that the mom did indeed take the baby as her own.
Miss Tammy gave my girls the very important job of naming the calf.  Lindsey & I were suggesting names relating to black or things that were dark.  Smokey, Blackie, Midnight...they were all shot down by the girls.  Aubrie, after being deep in thought, proclaimed, "Haystack."  And the name stuck!  It was perfect & pretty creative if you ask me.  Lily decided that the perfect name for the Mom was Cinderella & I think the cow thought that was a compliment.  Who wouldn't want to be named after a skinny blonde princess just 2 weeks after giving birth!  


Haystack, the calf, was so cute peeking out from under his super protective Mom. 


I have a slight obsession with baby cows.  I openly admit to it...seriously, isn't he just the cutest!?!?!  Maybe one day we can have our own farm but until then we will feed our my obsession with a visit to the Sarratt's Farm.

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment