Friday, June 29, 2012

Our Week

This time last week we were gearing up for Operation Drop-Off.  As in we dropped off the girls with Grammy & Papa for a weekend by ourselves!  Woo-hoo!!!!!


We tried to contain our excitement but the truth was we needed the break!  I love my girls to pieces but one on one uninterrupted time with Bferg is something that is special & doesn't happen often enough in our busy world.
We spent Saturday afternoon with Bferg's family at his cousin's wedding.  It was a beautiful ceremony full of love.  It was fun to see all of his cousins & family.


Saturday night we celebrated our anniversary & the anniversary of Justin & Lindsey at an amazing Italian restaurant in Springfield, MO.


Sunday was spent on the lake, making burgers & homemade icecream.  After a few errands we decided to take a walk to the dirt road where Bferg runs that was loaded with blackberries.  We picked until it was dark & came home with quite the bounty.


Bferg had to leave town Monday morning for business which meant I had Monday & all day Tuesday to myself.  It was really weird to have the house so quiet & I hardly knew what to do with myself.  (But, don't worry.  I soon found shopping, pool time & girl talk at the coffee shop to fill my time.)
I was excited to welcome back my two sweet girls who had the time of their lives at G & P's.  Refreshed & refueled we jumped back into summer as a family.  


We are excited to celebrate the 4th of July starting this weekend! 

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment