Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Some Joy

Our hearts were heavy all weekend after Friday's tragic & sad act in CT.  As a Mom I just cannot fathom.  Cannot.  My prayers continue to be with the families who woke up Saturday to empty beds & hearts.  

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.  Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful."
John 14:27
"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace.  In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."
John 16:33

After a day of errands we decided to let the girls visit Santa & then do their Christmas shopping for each other.  Lily has always been more leery scared to death of Santa.

2009

2010

2011
She was totally fine with letting Aubrie do all the talking but she wrote out her little list just in case.

Watching & Waiting...

Big sis offering up words of encouragement.
And a hand to hold.

Santa reading her little list.

Success!

I love the look on her face!  She is so proud of herself!
Santa is not the main element of Christmas in our house but his presence this weekend brought our family a little smile & joy to our day.

Joy to the world the Lord has come!




No comments:

Post a Comment