Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Boat & Some Bling

The second week in June the girls spent a full week with Grammy & Papa. 
It was the longest they stayed by themselves & it was a wonderful 6 night
 break for Mommy & Daddy!
They did great & had a blast playing with their cousins, helping Papa & playing in the sprinkler.
We headed up to MO the Friday before Father's Day where Bferg played it just right because he was able to come home with a new purchase.  He had found "the perfect" fishing/duck hunting boat on CraigsList that just happened to be right around the corner from my parents house.
Insert Bferg buying his own Father's Day & 10 Year Anniversary Present!

Isn't she a beauty!?!
I'm even on the title...Dream come true!

I normally like the element of surprise that goes along with gifts but because I had been feeling so crummy with Baby #3 I was happy to just go with it.  She still needs a name but the 4 of us have taken a maiden voyage & it is cute to see how much he loves it.

In order to just stay consistent & taking full advantage of our girls being gone I also got to pick out my own 10 Year Anniversary present.  I kicked around a bunch of different ideas & since we took Hawaii off the table once we decided to try for #3 I landed on jewelry. 
 It's timeless & let's be honest...a girl loves diamonds.


I call them "mine" & seriously love them! I have worn them almost every single day since getting them.  We had a low key anniversary night.  A quiet dinner out & walking around our quaint downtown.  I can't decide which is harder to believe...the fact that we've been married 10 years or the fact that almost 5 of those have been here in Arkansas!

I love Bferg more than I ever imagined possible on that day in June when we vowed our lives to each other.  We are blessed & our life is very sweet.  I am thankful for Brett's convictions & his willingness to lead our family.  I am also thankful for his compassion towards me & our girls.  He may be tough fisher/hunter guy but he loves his girls (all 3 of us!).

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide even to the end."
Psalm 48:14


No comments:

Post a Comment