Tuesday, December 13, 2011

~Tasty Tuesday~

It has been awhile since I've posted a recipe.  Don't worry...my family isn't starving.  I have been doing my matriarchal duty & whipping up the grub in the kitchen.  Barefoot no less.  
(Just kidding.)

A new twist on a favorite comfort food.  Bferg swooned & the leftovers are gone.  A true test of a truly good recipe.  Don't let the name scare you away...trust me.

Eggplant & Goat Cheese Stacks

1 Eggplant, peeled and sliced in an even number to stack
2 Eggs, beaten

Dredging Mixture:
1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan
Salt & Pepper to taste


Oil for frying


4-8oz. Goat Cheese, cut into rounds


Preheat oven to 350*
In a large pan preheat about an inch of oil over medium-high heat.
Dip eggplant into egg mixture & then into the breadcrumb/parmesan mixture.  Place dredged eggplant in oil and cook until golden brown about 1-2 minutes per side.
Drain on papertowels.
Place fried eggplant on a sheet pan in a single layer and top every other slice with a round of goat cheese.  Bake for 10 minutes.  Stack to make a "sandwich" and serve.


I served ours on top of a homemade tomato sauce infused with basil & red wine along side of a generous helping of polenta.  It was comfort food perfection on a chilly winter night.
This is the time when I grovel at your feet for not taking any pictures of this masterpiece.  Please forgive.  I adapted this recipe from this website and she took amazing pictures & mine turned out just as beautiful.  (Minus the batch I burned because I cook with 2 preschoolers running through my kitchen.)


Enjoy!


Rachel
.

No comments:

Post a Comment