Friday, June 15, 2012

Daddy's Little Girls


You're the end of the rainbow, my pot of gold,


You're daddy's little girl to have and to hold.


A precious gem is what you are,


You're mom-my's bright and shi-ning star.


You're the spirit of Christmas, my star on the tree,


You're the Easter Bunny to mommy and me;


You're sugar, you're spice, you're ev'-ry-thing nice,


And you're daddy's little girl.
[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/daddys-little-girl-lyrics-michael-buble.html ]


Bferg is an amazing Dad!  I say it often but today with deep purpose.  It is often said that any man can be a father but it takes more to be a Daddy.  Bferg understands this & does a wonderful job taking on different attributes to father our girls.  He knows that with Aubrie he needs to be athletic, adventurous, direct but sensitive. Lily requires him to be playful, silly, sensitive but firm.  Both girls know they hold a piece of their Daddy's heart & know that he tends to be the "softie" of the family. (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)  He fathers with a purpose & desires to see his girls know & serve our Lord.  He leads & guides our family with great patience & integrity.  


We love you Bferg/Daddy!  
Happy Father's Day!


Rachel, Aubrielle & Lily

2 comments:

  1. Love seeing the pics and the post! My heart is thankful beyond words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! My dad (daddy!) used to sing this song to Alison and I. It's good to be a daddy's girl! :)

    ReplyDelete