Tuesday, December 7, 2010

~Tasty Tuesday~

Tis The Season!
Christmas is already in full swing at our house!  Our tree has been up for weeks, the outside lights are hung & I have butter coming to room temperature right now as I type!  I love all baking but I especially love Christmas baking!  Maybe its the tree in the background or the non-stop Christmas music that plays whenever I am in the kitchen during the holidays...but I just LOVE it!
Today's recipe comes from a dear friend who lives in Colorado where she shared her recipe at a girlfriend's cookie exchange.  I have made it every year since!

Big Soft Ginger Cookies

Preheat oven to 350.
2 1/4 Cups Flour
2 tsp. Ground Ginger
1 tsp. Baking Soda
3/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Ground Cloves
3/4 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
1/4 Cup Molasses
2 Tbs. Sugar (For rolling cookies in before baking.)

In a medium bowl mix flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon & cloves; set aside.  In mixer,  beat butter for 30 seconds on medium speed.  Beat in the 1 cup of sugar, add the egg & molasses.  Beat well.  Add the flour and spice mixture, mix until it comes together.  Shape dough into balls using 1 heaping tsp. of dough.  Roll balls in sugar.  Place dough balls 2 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 10 minutes until light brown & still puffy.  Cool on sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.


These are the best ginger cookies I have ever had & they are true to their name; so SOFT!
Hope you all enjoy baking this Christmas season!


Rachel
  

No comments:

Post a Comment