Monday, January 3, 2011

Attainment

9 "...To ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom & understanding, 10 so that you may walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work & increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness & patience; 12 joyously giving thanks to God the Father be the glory forever & ever.  Amen."  {Colossians 1:9-12}


One of my favorite passages of Scripture.  One that I pray over my children daily.  One that today struck a cord in me as I start this new year.  This passage from Colossians encompasses everything that I want my life to be in 2011. 

I desire to be filled more deeply with His knowledge...to seek His will.  I want my steps to be worthy of the Lord & the Gospel.  Lastly, I want to attain steadfastness & patience.  (Doesn't every stay at home mom! :)  But, this year I am more fully desiring HIS patience...realizing that it cannot come from me but through Him.

I am fully Yours Lord.  Use me!


Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment