Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Crooks & Crannies

I could just sit here and totally re-type all of Oswald Chambers' My Utmost for His Highest today!  It was so very convicting & relevant to my life.  Instead, I will give some of the highlights & challenge you to read the rest for yourself.

"When they were alone, He expounded all things to His disciples."  Mark 4:34

"God is making us spell out our own souls.  It is slow work, so slow that it takes God all time & eternity to make man & woman after His own purpose.  The only way we can be of use to God is to let Him take us through the crooks & crannies of our own characters.  It is astounding how ignorant we are about ourselves.  ...We have to get rid of the idea that we understand ourselves, it is the last conceit to go.  The only One Who understands us is God.  ...As long as we are not quite sure that we are unworthy, God will keep narrowing us in until He gets us alone.  Wherever there is any element of pride or of conceit, Jesus cannot expound a thing.  ...We listen to many things in classes, but they are not an exposition to us yet.  They will be when God gets us alone over them."  Oswald Chambers

Oh that I may be broken!  Broken to the point that my crooks & crannies are exposed and made whole again by the only One who can do that.  I pray that I will not try to "hurry" the process because of the temporal discomfort that it may cause to my ego.  I pray for true change that reflects my Saviour!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment