Tuesday, March 15, 2011

~Tasty Tuesday~

Baked Kale Chips.

I know you are intrigued...stay with me.  Remember Operation Lake Diet?  It is still in effect here in the Ferguson household so the healthy eating is still in full swing.  Tonight's menu is Pulled BBQ Chicken (I used the same recipe for my Pulled Pork just substituted the chicken.) & there isn't a better "pairing" in my book than BBQ & Potato Chips...but potato chips aren't healthy.  Insert Kale & according to multiple internet sources (because EVERYTHING on the internet is true) the result is close to the same & SO much healthier.  (Confession: I am trying these for the first time myself tonight.)

There isn't really a recipe here as much as a method.

1 Bunch of Kale
1 Tbs. of Olive Oil
1 tsp. of Seasoning Salt


Preheat oven to 350* & line your pan with parchment paper.
With a knife or kitchen shears, remove the leaves from the thick stems of the Kale leaf.  Tear into bite sized pieces.  Wash & throughly dry your pieces.  (Most recommend a salad spinner.)  Drizzle with olive oil.  Sprinkle with seasoning salt.  Bake until edges are brown but not burnt, 10-15 minutes.


I will report back on how they turned out (for the 5 of you who actually read this & might care :).

Hope you enjoy!

Rachel

2 comments:

  1. I made these! My one-year-old ate them up and so did Rob. I got maybe 3 but they were terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The kids couldn't get enough. I think this was the first time I've gotten Peter to eat a veggie since he was on baby food. What else can I turn into chips? Thanks Rachel!

    ReplyDelete