Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Aubrie's Rainbow

"And God said, 'This is the sign of the covenant which I am making between Me & you, for all successive generations; I set My bow in the cloud, & it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me & the earth.  And it shall come about, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud, & I will remember My covenant...'"  {Genesis 9:12-15}

Aubrielle spotted her very first rainbow last night.  She came running into the house after a totally random & exceptionally short rainfall.

"Mom! Dad! You gotta come here & look!"  The delight in her face, the awe in her eyes & the splendor of our Creator were all on display.



It lasted for about 5 minutes.  The clouds moved out as quick as they rolled in & the blue skies reappeared just in time to watch a glorious sunset.  It was pretty much a nostalgic moment in the Ferguson house!
I'm thankful to God that He gives us visible, real teachable moments with our children!

Rachel
PS: I wish I had a better camera because the colors were MUCH better than what I captured....

No comments:

Post a Comment