Tuesday, May 3, 2011

~Tasty Tuesday~

Tuesday.  I love my Tuesday's!  It is a day that I for sure have something scheduled that gets me out of the house & allows my girls to play with their friends...my Bible Study.  Not only does it get this sahm OUT but it refreshes my soul in so many different ways!
Today's recipe is a new one for me.  I needed to take a breakfast item to church this morning & when I pulled up "coffee cake" on the internet I actually had ALL the ingredients ready & waiting for me!  It turned out really yummy!  I did make some small adjustments to the recipe & I added a powdered sugar glaze because I lost half of the top in my bundt pan.  :)

Coffee Cake
2 Sticks (room temperature) Butter
2 Cups Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 Cups Flour
1 Tbs. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt

1 Tbs. Cinnamon
1 Tbs. Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Sugar

2 Tbs. Powdered Sugar


Preheat oven to 350* 
Greased bundt pan.  Cream together butter & sugar (2 cups).  Add eggs one at a time mixing well between eggs.  Mix in the sour cream & vanilla.
In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder & salt.  Add 1/2 of the dry into the wet, mix until combined & then add the second 1/2 of dry.  Mix until combined.

Mix remaining sugar (1/4 cup), brown sugar & cinnamon.  Set aside.  (I actually mixed double of this because that is my FAVORITE part of a coffee cake.  I did not regret this & will probably always double the "filling".)


Pour 1/2 of the batter into your greased bundt pan.  Sprinkle the sugar & cinnamon mixture evenly around the pan.  Add the second 1/2 of the batter on top of the sugar/cinnamon mixture.  (I had to spread it out with a spatula to make sure it covered evenly.)
Bake at 350* for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Let cool on a rack until warm & turn out on plate.
Dust the top with the 2 Tbs of Powdered Sugar.  (Or make a glaze with milk like I did.)

Enjoy!

Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Making this in Sunday. Keep your fingers crossed! oxox

    ReplyDelete