Monday, August 29, 2011

"Staycation"

One of the perks of Bferg's job is he gets summer hours.  That means every Friday at noon he gets to start his weekend.  It is AWESOME!  It has allowed us extra family time, time to start weekend errands or get a jump start on traffic out to the lake.
This past Friday I felt as if I was watching summer disappear before my eyes.  I wanted to do something FUN...an "Adventure" as Aubrie would say.  So, we packed some snacks & the girl's pjs and headed to Branson for the afternoon/evening.  Let's just say that I am thrilled that our kids are still at the age where Bass Pro Shops, 75 cent mall rides, the promise of soda at dinner & a trip to an old time ice-cream parlor equals a vacation/adventure.

It's not a road trip if you don't hit BPS!


"To Infinity & Beyond!" was being bellowed right here.

While Lily shouted, "Anchors Away!"

Aubrie snapping a shot of Mommy & Daddy.

My attempt at snapping their picture. 

The World's Largest Banjo.  Totally Random.

Daddy hit the jackpot at the Arcade!
Here's to Summer!  It was a great one & I cannot believe that it is almost officially over. 

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment