Monday, September 19, 2011

Don't Cry...Craft!

Saturday morning was supposed to be Aubrie's big soccer debut but the rain came along with some thunder/lightening & thus came the "field's are closed, games are canceled" text message.  To say that Aubrie was disappointed was an understatement.  She was devastated & we only got her to stop crying by letting her wear her soccer shirt for the day.  (Poor thing...she had been counting down the days until her first game.  We really did feel bad for her.) 
Insert Craft Time!  I have been actually using my "pins" from Pinterest & had been wanting to give another one a go.  I showed Bferg...he not only loved the idea but insisted we get started by heading to Hobby Lobby!  :)  I love that man!



This was a $40 project & I am in LOVE with it. 
$25 Open Frame (half off at H.L.)
$10 Knobs (the selection is endless & also half off at H.L.)
$5 Pictures
I already had the clothes pins & twine from other projects but they would only add about $5 to the project.

I actually printed about 30 pictures for this project.  From all stages of life, all seasons & all candids.  I will change the pictures out with the seasons & update them as the girls age.
I love it when a good rainy day can be productive also!



Rachel
P.S.  Look for Aubrie's first game post next Monday!  :)  (Because I know you are dying to read about it! :)

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I actually have that frame waiting for a big family photo, but I think this would look good in our hallway with the cousin's pictures (all 15+ of them, ha!). I am thinking 3 rows of 5 if they will fit. I am also working on a fall wreath from Pinterest :). Can't wait to hear about Aubrie's soccer game, glad she likes playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I might have to steal this idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete