Monday, August 30, 2010

Faith & Family

One of my favorite things about the school year is the return of Women's Bible Study at my church.  It is a sweet time of growing in the Lord with fellow sojourners and gives me a nice break from Mommy duty.
This semester we are diving into The Family God Uses by Tom & Kim Blackaby.  After just one week the Lord is working in my heart and convicting me of things that I need to "tweak" in my home so that we, The Ferguson's, may indeed become a home of influence.
Here are a few quotes from the week that may help your family or at least get your focus back to where it needs to be.
"Passion for Christ and love for God's people can be contagious."  (Page 23)  How are my children learning?  By my example!  God, give me a heart for You that in return will flow into all my words, all my actions...fill my life.  I want my kids to love and follow Christ because they see me and Brett doing it first.
"What impact will my response to God have on my children and their future?"  (Page 33)  I want my "yes" to be on the table!  I desire to always respond to God with eager anticipation of what He is going to accomplish through me and my circumstances!   The Blackaby's say it perfectly in this quote (also from Page 33), "What we do for God is not something we manufacture; it is something God reveals to us when we are ready.  Then we respond to His invitations and watch Him accomplish what He intends to do through us."
There are no perfect families as well as no perfect parents.  But God created family and His desire is that the family is used by Him to show Christ to others and ultimately the world.  This is my prayer for my family.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment