Tuesday, August 24, 2010

~Tasty Tuesday~

Welcome to Song of the South!
I have been wanting to blog for some time now but I wanted my blog to be different...something a bit unique.  I love my family and kids but let's face it...I don't do enough interesting things to make an entire blog about them.  So began the quest for something different.  Bferg (my wonderfully supportive husband) suggested that I just think about what I wanted my blog to say/be about and go from there.  I was able to list four distinct yet intertwining things.  My Faith, Family, Football and Food...and after some help from my FB friends the title Song of the South was born.  
I will talk a little faith, share my family, give you my expertise football knowledge ( :D ) and share recipes.  Which leads me to my first post.  I hope to share a new recipe every Tuesday, and call it ~Tasty Tuesday~it may be a new favorite from the season or just one out of the 'ole box but either way I hope you all enjoy!

Prosciutto & Pecorino Salad with Blackberry Vinaigrette
2 Cups Fresh Blackberries
1/4 Cup Olive Oil  
2 Tbs Balsamic Vinegar
1 1/2 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
Combine  6 whole blackberries and the rest of ingredients into a blender and blend about 30 seconds, until blackberries are pureed.
In a large bowl toss together your favorite greens, remaining blackberries and 2 oz. of prosciutto cut into strips.  Add some shaved Pecorino Cheese and top it with your vinaigrette.

This recipe has become a household favorite!  I love to serve mine with a warm piece of a good hearty bread.  Make it quick before the blackberries are out of season!

Enjoy!
Rachel

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to following your blog! AND it looks like I'm the 1st follower!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done, rachel! i don't even read blogs, much less try designing them! i did, however, design (or i'm in the never-ending process of designing) my office website. that's as far as i'll probably ever get. i will check back here to see what you have to say -- i lovelovelove your "f-words"! =)

    when you have a moment, check out my website: kids2collegedds.com

    hope you are well! karyl mckendry and i were talking about you earlier this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go SISTER!!! You are an over-acheiving mother...and I LOVE reading blogs so now yours is on my list! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel - it was fun reading your blog and the recipe - even though I have never heard of Pecorino cheese and I always thought proscuitto was a fancy name for ham (ha,ha). The part that really caught my attention was when you said you were/are 30 - gasp - no way!!!

    ReplyDelete