Monday, November 22, 2010

Glorified Satisfaction!

"God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him." ~John Piper

As we approach the Thanksgiving holiday this week my heart is full of gratitude.  Gratitude to my GOD who has blessed me with more than I could ever hope or dream.  Deep seeded gratitude that points my whole being back to HIM.  

God receives the most glory from me when I am most satisfied in Him!  In John Piper's book, The Dangerous Duty of Delight, he words it perfectly by saying, "This is the best news in the world.  God's passion to be glorified & my passion to be satisfied are not at odds."  (Page 20.) 

Today I am using "satisfied" as a synonym to "thankful".  I am so very satisfied in the life that God has given me.  So very thankful.  My life, like most, has been marked with happiness, trials, joys, sufferings, blessings, growth points & more blessings full of joy.  (Not necessarily in that order.)  When we live a life that is marked by faith then we live it with risk & risk will almost always involve a trial (or twenty) but its in these "growth points" where we learn more about Christ than ever before.  It is where we begin to look & live more like Him!

Be satisfied in your life because when we are; we are most satisfied in Him.  When we say we are "very thankful for ______" we are essentially saying we are so very satisfied with God's blessings in our life.  James 1:17 says, "Every good and perfect gift is from above coming down from the Father...."


Be Satisfied!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment