Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Accomplishments

I love writing lists.  I look for reasons to write them.  I write a weekly grocery list.  I even write one for the three things that I typically need from Target each week.  I write one every time we go on a trip...even just a two night stay at my parent's house.  I wrote one at the beginning of summer detailing things that we wanted to try to accomplish in the 12 weeks of summer.  

While I love writing lists I really love checking off my lists.  Truth be told, my motivation behind most lists is the feeling of accomplishing something.  Whether its a full cart of groceries or an uber organized, packed according to each day suitcase my list was the ground work for that accomplishment.  While accomplishments & organization are not bad they can sometimes without thinking lay all of their glory on ME.  Self.  I did it.

"The accomplishment of the day isn't so much about accomplishing goals but abiding in God."
Ann Voskamp

Wow!  Pretty sure Almost positive that I've never written that list.  But at my core it is what I want.  What I desire.  What I need to start & finish my day.  Abiding in the life sustaining grace of God.

"Abide in Me, and I in you.  As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.  I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing."
John 15:4-5

What am I trying to accomplish today?

Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this reminder today Rachel. And as you know John 15 Rick's favorite passage. Very sweet to see it on your blog today.

    ReplyDelete