Thursday, September 9, 2010

First Day of School!

I have been looking forward to this day since it was announced in April that my church was going to start a K.D.O. preschool program...I have been counting down the weeks all summer knowing that September 9 was going to help me regain sanity...I, just last week, had the thought "this time next week"....  And, I found myself crying this morning!  (To make matters worse it was pouring down rain this morning so I couldn't even hide behind sunglasses!  :)  But don't worry...it was short lived and I was over it by drop off time!


Aubrielle ready to go and trying her hardest to hide her excitement.  A new backpack and matching lunch box is really cool to a 3 year old!


Lily and her lunch box...she was upset that she didn't have a "packpack" (backpack) but was just happy to hold her own lunch.


This isn't the best picture but it does show the *PINK* shoes!  Every  little girl needs a little bit of pink in their outfit!

I am beyond blessed by my church.  I am so thankful that I can drop my kids off for the day & know they are among people who love them & care for them like their own.  All too soon I will be posting pictures of the first day of real school...in which case I might need support that day!  The time really does go by too fast!


Rachel

4 comments:

  1. How cute are your girls! They are both getting so big!

    Ashley Ziemer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I have been there - excited about a little freedom and then when I start the drive to school, I'm bawling. Seriously, kindergarten was misery for me! I bawled like a baby - in FRONT of Macie to make it worse! I'm going to have to hold it together next year when Maddie starts kindergarten because she's a lot more emotional than Macie was. Enjoy your day each week - it really is a nice little break for us stay at home mommies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I love the same things about North Mobile. I can drop my girls off knowing they are in the best of hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! Yes, I had lots of tears too.

    Lydia
    http://www.scottyandlydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete