Tuesday, September 14, 2010

~Tasty Tuesday~

Cheesecake.  Just say the word and I am there!   I have been majorly craving cheesecake recently.  Seriously, I just LOVE it!  This recipe was passed to me from a friend who made it for one of our small group parties.  Neither one of us can take full credit though...it comes from the real Queen of the South, Paula Deen.  I modified it slightly for my liking and trust me; it is worth every step and calorie!

Paula Deen's Cheesecake
Crust: 1 1/2 Cups Crushed Graham Cracker Crumbs
            4 Tbs Sugar
            1/4 Cup Melted Butter
Filling: 3 Packages of Cream Cheese, Softened
           1 Cup Sugar
           5 Eggs
           1 Tbs Vanilla
Topping: 1 1/2 Cups Sour Cream
            4 Tbs Sugar
            1 tsp Vanilla

Mix crust and pat into 9" spring form pan.  Mix filling & pour into crust and bake for one hour at 350.
Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes.  Mix topping and pour over the baked cheesecake.  Return to oven for 4 minutes.  Let cake cool (completely) at room temperature.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

When I made this for Bferg's birthday I had a topping bar of crushed oreos, strawberries, chocolate & caramel sauce.  Any combination works and it is even amazing plain.  
Enjoy!
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to remember this recipe for Josh's birthday!! He LOVES cheesecake!! Well, so do I :-)

    ReplyDelete