Monday, February 21, 2011

Obedience

My Tuesday morning therapy...I mean Bible Study is doing Priscilla Shirer's, Jonah Navigating a Life Interrupted.  This study has probably been the most convicting, most life changing study that I have ever done before & we are only halfway through it.

I wanted to share a quote from the study guide today in hopes that it will encourage you.  "...The Lord is always willing to forgive.  He is quick to extend mercy.  If you stand in need of His forgiveness today, then know that He is waiting to forgive you.  Yet He desires that the knowledge of His longsuffering way & His willingness to show grace not dissuade you from the higher calling of obedience." (Jonah, page 101)

Wow!  God just wants my obedience.  Period.  He will always forgive my choice not to follow in His will & be the first in line to welcome me back into His presence but I am still called to obey.  "God longed for people who had a heart to obey Him & remain in fellowship with Him more than He wanted a people who would choose their own path & then run to the tabernacle to gain forgiveness for their actions."  (Jonah, page 100)

"What shall we say then?  Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?  By no means!  We died to sins; how can we live in it any longer?" Romans 6:1-2

Oh Lord, that I will choose to obey.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment