Tuesday, February 22, 2011

~Tasty Tuesday~

Pasta.  Cream Sauce.  Do I really need to say anymore? 
I should probably start by confessing that right now currently in my house there is a major diet taking place.  Diet Day #2!  The whole being snowed in for two weeks & then having Valentine's Day really messed up our eating habits.  (I love to bake when I am stranded at home!  :)  And...the warm days on the Lake are only weeks away!!!  (And yes, I am vain.  I'll go ahead & admit that.)  So, we are not eating like this anytime soon...but I can crave it all I want.  Ain't no calories in that!  (Yes, I just typed "ain't.")
Anyway, I love pasta & I am a huge sucker for any pasta in cream sauce.  This is one of my favorite recipe to make for a crowd...it makes a ton, it is super easy & it tastes amazing!

Pasta Con Broccoli
16 oz. Large Shells Pasta
4 Cups Cream or Half-&-Half
8 Tbs. Butter
2 tsp. Garlic
8 Tbs. Tomato Sauce
2 Cups Chopped Broccoli
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese

Cook pasta until halfway done; drain & return to pot.  Add the cream, butter, garlic, tomato sauce, broccoli, salt & pepper; bring to a hard boil.
When the noodles are fully cooked, add mushrooms; stir to combine.
Remove from heat & add parmesan cheese.
Toss & serve immediately. 


I can taste it now.  Served with a great salad & warm bread...yummmmm!
Enjoy!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment