Friday, July 20, 2012

Favorite Thing Friday

I would like to start this post by acknowledging the devastating news from Aurora, CO.  The senseless act of violence is both shocking & sickening.  My thoughts & prayers are with the families that have just had their lives turned up-side down.  We live in a very broken world.


This was last night's sunset over looking our favorite spot in AR.  Beaver Lake.  Yesterday would have been Bferg's Dad's 56th birthday.  Next week marks the 10 year anniversary of his death & while most years we have been able to reflect on his birthday with thanksgiving yesterday was full of deep grief.
There is a void in our family & yesterday our hearts felt that ache. 
We retreated to the lake where we were able to quiet our minds, reflect on the good, share our thoughts & find peace.  In a world of unknown & hurt we have learned over the last 10 years that our known & peace is found in Christ.  
And that is my favorite thing!

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.  Do not let your heart be troubled, not let it be fearful." 
John 14:27

Rachel

2 comments:

  1. love your words rachel. my heart turned and my eyes filled with tears as i read this. thanks for sharing. so sorry yesterday was so hard. read this just today and it came to my mind as i read your post.... "joy and pain, they are but two arteries of the one heart that pumps through all those who don't numb themselves to really living". -ann voskamp

    ReplyDelete