Tuesday, July 3, 2012

{Tasty} Tuesday

Confession:  I have more than 2 dozen frozen bananas in my freezer.
Proof:

 I also have a case (as in 80 individual hotdogs) of Ballpark franks pictured just above the bananas...but that is a whole different post.

So when I see a recipe that calls for a lot of bananas I usually have all the ingredients available.
I don't have a picture of the end result for this one but believe me when I tell you that the results were amazing!

Banana Ice Cream with Toasted Walnuts & Chocolate Chunks
6 Ripe Bananas
1 Tbs Lemon Juice
3/4 Cup Light Corn Syrup
1 Tbs Vanilla
1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream

Combine all ingredients in a blender & then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.  Pour mixture into ice cream canister & churn according to manufacturer's instructions.  (Note: If your bananas are frozen like mine; defrost them before adding them to the blender.)
At the very end of the cycle I mixed in 3/4 Cup toasted walnuts and 1/2 Cup chopped dark chocolate.  More or less to taste or even leave out if you wish.

It is the perfect summer treat! 
Enjoy!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment