Monday, July 16, 2012

Lessons From Lily

Lily.  
Nicknames: Lily Pie, Lil Bits, Bits, Wits, Bitser Witser.

She is funny, strong, confident, sweet, sassy & caring.

I love when God reveals Himself through my kids.  I had one of those "revelations" last week.  
I was finishing up dinner preparations and I had a shadow.  Lily was at my side begging for me to hurry, asking when daddy would be home & reminding me that I had not given her an afternoon snack.

"I'm hungry Mommy."

"I know you are Wits, Mommy is making dinner right now."

"But I'm still hungry."

And that's when I lost my breath.  The small whisper that spoke directly to my soul that said, "I know you're still hungry.  I am still working.  Still planning.  Still writing your story."  

I was Lily, going before God.  I (in my heart & mind) know that He is (metaphorically) making dinner & I simply need to set the table (prepare myself for Him to work) & have faith that dinner will in His time be served.

Lily, knowing that I was indeed making dinner & after assuring her that her daddy was indeed on his way home & that dinner was oh so close to being on the table was able to patiently wait & have faith in me to satisfy her need.

I love when faith building moments happen & I love them even more when they come from this girl!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you & not to harm you, plans to give you hope & a future."
Jeremiah 29:11


Rachel


3 comments:

  1. great analogy, great lesson, great thoughts, great word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! Thank you for this! And it was great to see you in the store today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a sweet word! i decided now that i can comment i should!:)i tried before i had a blog account and couldn't figure it out, it wouldn't post. i check the blog all the time. i love keeping up with ya'll. the 4th of july post made me really homesick:( now i need to go comment on leslie's, maybe that will get her to update her blog!

    ReplyDelete