Wednesday, June 15, 2011

10-2, 10-2, Drift, Mend, Drift (Repeat)

Catchy title, huh?  I said this little phrase at least 500 times in my head yesterday & probably a few times out loud.  Bferg fulfilled his birthday wish from February & took me fly fishing.  Yes, he took a vacation day to patiently teach his extreme Type A personality wife a very detailed & technical sport.  My casting needs some work & I have to work on must get over my fear of touching/holding fish but I did good enough to catch a few.  (More than Bferg, but he did spend much of his time de-tangling my line, tying on new flies after I broke them off & being my personal photographer...so his actual fishing time was limited.  And I am pretty sure that I was the only one keeping score.)
Got one!
My First Catch of the Day!

This is why I don't like to hold them!  Slippery, squirmy little guys!
I really look like I know what I'm doing...it is all in the photography.

My cute Fly Fisherman.

I'm already looking forward to our next trip out to fish.  I've tasted just enough of the sport to know that I want more!!!!  This could lead to issues if Bferg's fishing time turns into "the guys + the wife" time!  :)  Just kidding.  I know the boundaries & the unwritten guy code.

Thanks for your patience Bferg & for touching/de-hooking all my fish.  I had a blast & love our time spent together!

Rachel

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful!!! You know what "they" say about the couple that plays together...

    Great pics, and what a pretty stream. I bet Bferg was lovin' every minute of it: teaching his best friend to do something that is important to him.

    ReplyDelete