Monday, June 13, 2011

Livin' Like It's 2006...Before Kids!

We have been kid free since Friday at 5:47p.m.  Where did we go?  What big kid-free adventure did we have planned?  No where & nothing are the answers to that.  We spent a relaxing weekend at home with each other where the only thing planned was to savor the quiet.  Being at home without two pre-school aged girls is, in one word, "weird".  If you want three words, I'd say, "a good weird".
We started Saturday off at our local Farmer's Market.  We strolled the streets of downtown Bentonville with coffee cups in hand instead of a stroller.
We stopped in multiple Antique Stores where I never once had to remind or exclaim, "No touch.!.!.!"  We had a romantic dinner for two at a new local restaurant & ordered both an appetizer & a dessert because we weren't paying for a babysitter.   We held hands & listened to jazz in the park.  We remembered how fun just the two of us are & how much we really do enjoy & love each other.
We gave this big buddy a lot of love playing the never ending until you go inside game of fetch.
We headed out to the Lake on Sunday where I packed the lightest & least amount in the last 3 1/2 years.  Two towels, sunscreen & lip balm.  No swim diapers, no extra diapers, no little life jackets, no extra clothes, no sippy cups & no toys.  Although, I wasn't officially on duty; I did manage to find my inner Mom & question my 26 year old brother-in-law (who has a wife!) as to his sunscreen application on his face.  (Sorry Jferg!  Can't take the MOM out of me completely!)

This morning I met my sweet sister-in-law, Lindsey, where we pampered our feet & toes with a pedicure.  I was really thankful that we scheduled our girl time because truth be told I am going CRAZY today in my quiet, perfectly clean house without my girls!  I cannot wait to pick them up tomorrow night!!!
I know that they are having a fantastic time in MO with Grammy & Papa.  I am so thankful that my parents have a great relationship with my girls & want to be such a big part of their lives!  I am also really thankful for the break as a Mommy.  I LOVE them to death...but they sure can wear a girl out!


Rachel

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome weekend Rachel! I'm so glad you guys got some much needed alone time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good weekend to me! I can't wait until we go to Denver with no kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you guys! But I agree...it is quite bizarre (and a little heart-breaking) to be in your own home without the babies around. It makes me feel like I left my purse in the shopping cart. :)

    But live it up while you can!!

    Ginny

    ReplyDelete