Tuesday, June 28, 2011

~Tasty Tuesday~

Do you salt your watermelon?  I personally do not; but I can appreciate those who do.  My Grandma Raye ate her watermelon with a salt shaker right next to her & Bferg also enjoys salting.  There isn't really a recipe to today's Tasty Tuesday; just a suggested salad.  The feta cheese adds the salt component & the balsamic reduction adds a sweet element that works well with the sweet watermelon.

Watermelon & Feta Salad
Bed of greens (I used 1/2 of mixed greens & 1/2 arugula)
Cubes of fresh watermelon
Feta cheese crumbles

Balsamic Vinegar Reduction Dressing
Bring to boil 3/4 Cup of balsamic vinegar.  Boil until it reduces down to a thick consistency but not quite syrupy.

Assemble your salad.  Dress it & enjoy!  Healthy, light & perfect for a summer lunch or dinner.

Lily digging in without her fork!  Keeping it classy!
Enjoy!

Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Rachel! I linked to this recipe. It looks so amazing.

    Thank you for the awesome idea. :) I'm making it tomorrow...breakfast, lunch and dinner.

    http://cookingwithchopin.blogspot.com/2011/06/watermelon-feta-salad.html

    ReplyDelete